Friday 27 April 2012

Nail School Update! (Plus more!)

So I've mentioned before that I'm currently studying to get my qualifications to be a nail tech, and Tuesday night was the first night of term 2. Quarter way through it! WOO! Last term, we studied basic and deluxe mani/pedis, which I really enjoyed (and passed easily ;D), and this term we're doing acrylics. To be honest, I was a bit nervous, because I really expected to struggle with this... So after a demo in class, I called upon my favourite Client/Hairdresser Cienna, (who has supported me from day 1, and even encouraged me to apply for the course!) for a practice the night after.

Now, for my first time doing acrylics, I gotta say, I'm stoked with how I did. I took notes from the demo, but I barely needed to look at them! So after the entire process (except buffing for the last time), we took a photo (I do apologise for the bad lighting, it was 8pm!)


Not bad huh? And then, just because we can, I polished them.


That's A England Ascalon, with A England Bridal Veil as the accent nails, and it's all topped off with a franken holo topcoat I've made. They look sooooo good! Also, I have a few A Englands to show you soon, just waiting for some sun!

And, to explain why I haven't been posting much, I make and sell acrylic nail sets on etsy (chekkit out here!) and through facebook, and all of a sudden I had a HUGE amount of orders! So my week has been spent doing them, I posted the last one off this morning. And I figured I would share them with you! (not all are from actual orders, some I made for the hell of it)








So that's where I've been! I plan to get some awesome insane amounts of swatching done tomorrow so I guy show y'all some amazing things! (and start posting more!)

Until next time,

<3 Bec

3 comments:

  1. I love 2, 3, and 4. Nice job!! How exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nails are beautiful!! So creative

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, those matte blacks look goooood. So how much are you loving nail school? You're gonna be a phenomenal nail tech, I'm telling you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you