Saturday 10 November 2012

Essie 2011 Resort Collection Swatches

I know I'm a liiiiittle late with this one, but an aussie website recently had 2 Essie mini sets for $5. $5 for 4 mini Essies is an AMAZING price in Australia, one full size Essie is about $18.95! So obviously, I grabbed both. And today, I have the first one for you, the Resort collection.

Lion Around. Terrible pun, undecided on the polish. Loved the colour, but the application was a bit dodgy. Thankfully, you can't see it, but this is 3 coats and there were still visible bald spots in person. Streaky and bleh. It has a lovely, subtle shimmer in it too, which refused to be captured on camera (of course!).

Fair Game. This did not and would not photograph right for me. It's a metallic-ish, frosty, blue-ish, grey-ish colour that reminds me of steel. Application and formula were much better in this one, this is 2 coats, but it barely needed the second.

Your Hut Or Mine? A pinkish coral with an amazing shimmer that again, did not show up in pictures. I do think this one looks a bit funny with my skin tone though, but it is pretty. Again, this had good formula and only needed 2 coats.

And saving my favourite for last, Da Bush. Hate the name, LOVE the colour! It's a muted, khaki-ish green that verges on being a pastel. I really loved this one, even though it needed 3 coats. It's the only non shimmer in the collection too.

All of these swatches have no base coat and one coat of Seche Vite top coat. I plan to swatch the other collection over the weekend and post them soon. These photos were taken not long after I cut all my nails down, so I apologise for how bad they look!

Until Next Time!

<3 Bec



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you