Thursday 8 November 2012

NO H8 Purple Spam

I know I don't usually post twice in one day, but this is an important post for me. Lately, there has been a fair bit of bullying and nastiness within the blogging community and I for one do not and will not stand for it. I had to deal with a fair bit of bullying growing up, so I know first hand how crappy it can make someone feel. And especially on the internet, where anyone can say anything anonymously and not feel any remorse or guilt. It's one of the reasons my blog has been set to have all comments approved before I post them!

There has been a blog/movement started for all of us who are against this childish behaviour, if you would like to join, it's here. I also have the NOH8 badge on my blog. Now, today, November 8th, is marked as the day to eradicate hate. And so, all of us awesome people are showing off some purple manis (purple being the colour chosen). I didn't have time to do one especially for this, so enjoy some purple spam!

 OPI Planks A Lot
 Ozotic 513
 China Glaze LOL
 piCture pOlish Cackle
 piCture pOlish Bliss
 China Glaze Light As Air
 Color Club Alias
 Max Factor Fantasy Fire over Petites Zodiac
OPI DS Original
 
"Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay.
Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet.

As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog.

In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community."
 Until Next Time
 <3 Bec 

2 comments:

  1. They all look great, thxxx for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholey moley!! I think my fav is the 2nd one!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you