Tuesday 5 February 2013

New Indie Alert: LOONY Lacquer!

Hi guys! I finally got my pc fixed (YAY!) and the first thing I did was edit these pics I have been DYING to show you! The lovey Marie has just released her own indie line, and I have the pleasure to be reviewing one of her collections!

The 'Butterfly Wing' collection contains 4 polishes, all butterfly themed, and all are glitters made for layering. To save 'boring', normal swatches, I've added a bit of butterfly themed nail art to each swatch! Now, bottle shots (click to enlarge!)


And the polishes... First up, is Monarch. Monarch is black micro glitter, yellow and orange glitter, and some larger, sheerish white glitter mixed into a clear base. The white glitter really interested me, it's not stark white, and it's very subtle, but it works well with the colour combination. The glitter is dense and easy to apply, no dabbing needed. I have one coat over Sephora by OPI Nonfat Soy Half Caff, with a fimo slice Monarch butterfly (made using 2 slices of the wings) for these photos.



Next, we have Radiant Swallowtail. This one has square glitter, which I am really, REALLY loving lately! The glitters in this one are black, mint/green and blue that has a bit of holo sparkle, along with more of that awesome sheerish white glitter. There's multiple sizes of glitter in this one, and the glitter is not as dense as in Monarch, and I did have to maneuver a few bits of glitter around, but nothing troubling. I have 2 coats over OPI Planks A Lot, with an accent of a dotted butterfly done with China Glaze Refresh-Mint filled with Radiant Swallowtail in these photos.



Third is Pink Glasswing. Now, I'm not a pink fan. I've said that many many times on this blog before. It's old news. But THIS, this polish, was my unexpected favourite of the lot. This one has a very sheer white base, that is PACKED full of an amazing, vibrant pink shimmer. I'm including a bottle shot that shows it off because sadly, my swatch doesn't. This one has pink -holo glitter in different shapes and sizes along with some small holo glitter. I layered one coat of Pink Glasswing over China Glaze Something Sweet, except for the accent nail, which is 2 coats over Ulta3 Lily Whie with butterfly wing nail art.



And last but not least is Pearl Morpho. I loved this one, and I loved the entire mani I did with it. Pearl Morpho is mainly blue glitter, with some purple gillter and some iridescent/colour shifting glitter thrown in. Another interesting glitter, that iridescent one. It's almost duochrome! Shifting from green to copper, so unique! This was dense and easy to apply, I used one coat over Deborah Lippmann Almost Paraidse, and I used some green caviar beads to make the shape of a butterfly then filled it with Pearl Morpho using a small nail art brush.



The formula on these was very similar, easy to apply and dried reasonably quickly. The only exception was Radiant Swallowtail, which was a bit thinner, but still no hassle. All my swatches have one coat of Seche Vite and were all super smooth.

Loony Lacquer can be purchased via Etsy and come in 12ml bottles and retail for between $8.50-$9 plus shipping. At the time of this post, Marie is only shipping within Australia. Sorry International ladies :(

I really hope you enjoy this collection as much as I did, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

The products in this post were provided for my honest consideration. This in no way affects or alters my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you