Thursday 25 April 2013

Cate Ruby Swatches and Review

Cate Ruby is an Australian Artisian brand- similar to an indies, but not handmade. Think like A England, Picture Polish, etc. Tracey, the owner was kind enough to send me 2 of her polishes to review so I'll be showing them to you today!

First of all, how amazing are the bottles?! The bling on them is actually a ring, and it's wearable! 

 The first of the two colours I have is called Midas Touch. It's a very unique gold, very much on the yellower, mustardy side with larger silver shimmer. This was surprisingly opaque, almost a one coater! I have 2 coats plus top coat here.

 The other polish I have is called Poppy G. My first impression was "this looks like China Glaze's Peachy Keen," and it does, but in no way are they dupes. It's lighter in person, and I would describe this one as a 'crelly.' The finish makes this a very interesting polish, it's super versatile and very glossy. I did need 3 coats for this one, plus topcoat.

 I had a sneaking suspicion that these two would look good together, and I was right! I used Midas Touch to do a thin tip over Poppy G.

The formula on both polishes was good. Midas Touch had a similar formula to Picture Polish, thicker, but very easier to work with. Poppy G's formula was a bit thinner and less opaque. The drying time was good, nothing super fast, but I've definitely had slower drying polishes!

Cate Ruby has a list of stockists on her website.

Until Next Time

<3 Bec

*the polishes mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of them*

1 comment:

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you