Thursday 30 May 2013

Maybelline ColorSensational Hot Plum and Electric Orange!

My love for lipsticks has gone from non-existant to obsessive in the past 2-3 months. All of a sudden I am HOOKED! It miiiight be because I'm studying makeup, but whatevs. I've really fallen in love with orange and purple lipsticks lately, and today I have one of each!

#912- Electric Orange. Yep, this is definitely an orange! It's very bright, and in your face, but at the same time, it's very wearable. However, my skin is cool-toned, and this is very warm, so it doesn't reeeeeally suit my skin tone.

#906- Hot Plum. This one is delish! Though, it's not really a plum, very much more an almost neon fuchsia. I keep reaching for this one, it's the easiest way to make any look pop!

I really, really like these lipsticks. They're very creamy, not sticky, light and easy to wear, they smell nice and they last a fair few hours on me without lip liner. Even through a coffee, they lasted quite well. Another really good thing about the lipsticks, is that if the fully opaque colour is too much for you, you can apply it sheerly for a tinted look. They are very buildable.

I picked these up for $16.95 at Priceline while they were having a Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale, so they are $16.95 each. But they are absolutely worth it! They do have some more subtle shades, but all of the shades have very vibrant colours.

What do you think of these lipsticks? Is orange too much for you?

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

3 comments:

  1. Your lip shots look amazing. Tell me this isn't your first time. ;) I LOVE the Vivids, they're absolutely amazing. I'm fully hooked on one of the LE reds. Hot Plum is gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hot Plum but initially I was so disappointed it wasn't purple. I really need to grab one of the oranges from this line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of people who can wear those sorts of purple-pinks! I've been eyeing this line, might also have to indulge next sale time!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you