Sunday 4 August 2013

Makeup Sundays: Recent Rimmel Purchases!

I have been needing new foundation for a while, and finally decided to bit the bullet once I heard about a current Priceline special and decided to try Rimmel's Stay Matte line. Matte/oil free foundations are something I struggle to find good results with, but I had heard good things about these ones.


I bought the Stay Matte liquid foundation in Ivory, and the Stay Matte powder foundation in Silky Beige. I opted for Silky Beige instead of Translucent because I have days where I just want very light coverage and Translucent was too light- if you get what I mean!

 Stay Matte liquid in Ivory
 Stay Matte Powder in Silky Beige

These colours are perfect for my skin tone and give a good coverage. And, they don't make me oily, nor do I need to reapply powder every 2-3 hours! Hallelujah! I found these relatively cheap too, I paid $28 for the two. The only downside I can find so far is that the powder smells like sunscreen! Haha!

Now, the real reason I chose to buy these Rimmel products- Priceline currently have a special (started August 1st, ends in a few days- be quick!) where if you spend $20 in store on ANY Rimmel product you get one of these:

How cool is that!? $47.80 worth of Rimmel products FOR FREE! I believe there are two different packs, but I am very happy with what I got.

 ScandalEyes Kohl Kajal pencil in Taupe
Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Matte lipstick in #113 Truly Nude
#113 Truly Nude (top)
ScandalEyes Taupe (bottom)

Both super cool, super neutral colours. I have this lipstick already and ADORE it, so I am thrilled to have a backup! I love the Lasting Finish lipstick line. And I've recently fallen in love with the ScandalEyes eyeliners too, they last forever, have great pigmentation and are really creamy. And they do not budge!

Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Colour in #510 Euphoria
Ehhhh... This colour leans a bit "grandma-ish" on me. It's a frosty pinky nude with subtle rainbowish shimmer. A little on the sheer side, 3 thin coats and still some VNL. Into the swap pile it goes.

 ScandalEyes mascara in #003 Extreme Black
 'Naked' lashes
Lashes with ScandalEyes mascara #003 Extreme Black at one coat

I've been needing a new day to day mascara, and this will tide me over juuuust fine. The brush is HUGE though, so you have to be careful. It wears quite well, and stays put. You need a bit of effort to get this one off! 

And finally, a quick look using every product here (minus the nail polish):




Remember, this offer ends in a few days! Go to Priceline ASAP!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec











1 comment:

  1. Great haul! I love Rimmel London cosmetics, and that freebie looks awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you