Monday 16 September 2013

Aussie Nails Monday- Chevron/Zig Zag

To quote Hansel (Zoolander), "The chevron/zig zag mani is so hot right now." It's true. It's not something I do a lot of, because unlike so many people, I don't own the pinking shears used to cut tape to get them perfect, so I hand paint mine, and to be honest, it's a little bit of a pain in the butt lol!

So for this weeks ANM theme, I gave it another try...


I have to say, I love how this turned out! I started with BYS French White as a base, and then sponged on a gradient of 3 China Glazes- Riveting, Surfin For Boys and Sun Kissed. I stuffed the gradient up a little on the index finger, but let's pretend that didn't happen ;)

I used a tiny nail art brush and black acrylic paint to paint on my zig-zag. I call this a zig zag because there's been some debate over what exactly a chevron is. A chevron is the one point, so it looks just like a 'v'. This is what I deem zig zag.

Do you think the scissors to do these cleanly are worth investing in? I love the finished look of these manis, but it's not my favourite to do!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you