Sunday 15 September 2013

Sayuri Nail Lacquer Swatches and Review!

Sayuri Nail Lacquer are an Aussie Indie (I know, I know, another one!) that hails from Brisbane, and is the brainchild of Anthea from Nailed Obsession. Anthea's polishes are definitely unique, and she pours her personality into them. I have three of her polishes to show you today.

From her first collection, Streets of Toyko, comes Lolita. And Lolita is an interesting one! It's vampy and complex, and is inspired by the Gothic Lolita fashion style.

This is 3 coats alone, with top coat. It has a sheer black base PACKED with an almost burgundy shimmer, which does make the polish look burgundy when built up like it is here. It also has black, magenta and silver glitter hexes, along with black diamond glitters.

While this one is shown at 3 coats above, it can definitely be layered over other colours- I quite like it over Essie Little Brown Dress. Here's how it looks at 1 and 2 coats:



That also gives you a better look at the depth of this polish. It has good drying time, and the formula was very nice, although on the thicker side.

The next two polishes I have come from the very recent collection, Crystal Dreams. This collection has some amazingly unique polishes in it!

First up is Sugar Coated Dreams. This is a clear based glitter topper, densely packed with pastel glitter in hexes, stars and circle glitter. I have it here layered over the pastel gradient I showed you last week.

Predominantly lilac/pastel purple, pastel pink, pastel yellow and white glitters. Super cute, and SUPER perfect for spring time! This is one coat over the gradient, it's a very dense glitter, so like me, you might find the "dabbing" method helpful. I didn't have to fish for any glitter either. She does like to eat top coat though, a good thick one might be best! Again, formula was good, thick, but I expected that given how much glitter is crammed in there!

And lastly, we have my favourite of the three, Galaxy Magic. Clear based glitter topper, full of matte neon yellow, pink and blue microglitter, large black circle glitter and a bunch of small, thick, black rectangle glitter.

(Enlarge this photo! Look at aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the glitter!) I have this layered over a gradient of China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and China Glaze I'm With The Lifeguard. I can see myself wearing this glitter a LOT come Summer time! Again, it's densely packed, this is one coat again. The formula on this one was a little better, it's not as thick. I didn't need to do any fishing for the black glitters, they happily come out on their own! The rectangle glitter too, is amazing. I don't like bar glitters because they never behave, but these rectangles sit nicely on the nail!

The thickness of the formula here is nothing to worry about. It's not overly thick at all, just slightly thicker than a normal polish. It's good to remember that when the polish is this full of glitter, it will be a little thicker.

For my first experience with Sayuri, I am thrilled! These polishes are all very individual to my stash, and they are all very good polishes. Sayuri can be bought from her website, or, for international ladies, from Mei Mei's Signatures.

What do you think of Sayuri's offerings?

Until  Next Time,

<3 Bec

*the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of them*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you