Tuesday 14 January 2014

Miss Ashleigh Swatches and Review!

Miss Ashleigh is an Aussie Indie I've been lusting after for a long time, and I was recently given the chance to swatch some of her new collection, and every single shade SCREAMS summer! It's summer here in Oz, and it's bloody hot (where I live it hit 45.1C today - roughly 113F) so these shades are PERFECT to be wearing right now!

Before I show swatches, I will share my thoughts on the formula. They all had roughly the same formula- thickish, but easy to apply and very easy to work with.

Show Us Your Watermelons- First of all, LOVE the name! This shade is a bright, bold watermelon colour. It's a neon that doesn't require a white base, and is opaque in 2 coats. It's a little bit pinker in person than it looks in photos, and I really love this shade. Will be perfect for a pedi! 2 coats, with Out The Door topcoat.

The Grape Gatsby another great name! This one is a sheer-ish purple jelly base packed with glitter. There's micro holo, tiiiiny holo hexes, big pink, blue and silver hexes and probably more. Super complex! This one can be worn alone or layered, I chose to wear it alone. This is 3 coats, with OTD topcoat.

Deja-Blue - This one is a dreeeeeeeeeeam! It's a blue holo creme- think Essie Butler Please/Nails Inc Baker St, but with subtle holo. Gorgeous! This one needed two coats, with OTD topcoat (doesn't dull the holo btw!)

I saved my favourite for last! Let's Clown Around- clear based glitter topper full of blue, red, pink and yellow hexes, circles and square glitters. Love love LOVE this one! It's so different to all the other bright glitter toppers that have been popping up. I've layered two thin coats over Ulta3 Black Satin with OTD topcoat. I loved this combo so much I'm still wearing it as a full mani!

You can find Miss Ashleigh on Facebook, Instagram or her website (there's a list of stockists there too!). Definitely a brand I recommend!

Until Next Time,

<3 Bec

*the products mentioned in this post were sent to me for my honest review. This in no way affects my opinion of them*


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every single comment I get, and while I may not reply, I always read them. Please do not leave links to blogs/advertising in a comment, this is not what my blog is for.

Thank you